It’s time for your semiannual checkup. Look back on your progress thus far and talk to your advisor about any outstanding to-do’s. Plus, ’tis the season to spring clean your finances. Consider consolidating retirement accounts and requesting your credit report to see where you stand.
Spring 2017 Market Closures
Friday, April 14: Good Friday
Monday, May 29: Memorial Day
Midyear checkup: Look back on your to-do list progress, follow up on your taxes, make sure your retirement plan is on track, determine if your emergency fund is adequate, and establish a regular savings plan that you can stick to each month.
Discuss distributions: If over 70½, take required minimum distributions (RMDs) from your IRAs. You must begin RMDs by April 1 the year after you turn 70½. After the first distribution, IRA holders must take distributions by December 31 of each year.
Mind your mortgage: Homebuying season is heating up. Check your finances and pay close attention to interest rates if you’re considering buying or refinancing.
Consider an extension: Consult with your tax advisor to discuss the possibility of filing an extension with the IRS, particularly if you hold securities subject to income reallocation.
Spring clean your finances: Consider rolling over retirement accounts from old employers to consolidate and simplify.
Request your credit report: You can obtain a free copy from annualcreditreport.com to conduct a midyear review.
Save for school: Talk to your advisor about establishing or contributing to a 529 education savings plan for your child or grandchild.
Speak with students: Have a conversation with your recent graduate about finances and how to budget. Consider introducing him or her to your financial advisor to learn the basics of saving and investing.
Raymond James financial advisors do not render legal or tax advice. Please consult a qualified professional regarding legal or tax advice. RMDs are generally subject to federal income tax and may be subject to state taxes.
- Aging Well, Spending Wisely: Tips For Managing Senior Healthcare Expenses
- The Hidden Benefits Of Financial Planning For Doctors: What You Need To Know To Maximize Your Earnings
- All Seasons Wealth and CEO Jeff Hausinger Named Top 1,200 Financial Advisor by Barron’s for Three Consecutive Years
- How Medical Professional Wealth Advisors Help Physicians Balance Their Personal And Professional Finances
- How Young Financial Advisors Are Disrupting The Traditional Financial Planning Industry
- All Seasons Wealth Newsletter – Q2 2023
- Common Financial Mistakes Made By Professional Women And How To Potentially Avoid Them
- Personalized Financial Planning For BIPOC Women: The Benefits Of Working With A Female Advisor
- All Seasons Wealth Honored in the 2023 Seminole 100
- Building A Strong Financial Foundation Through Executive Asset Management