How Do Financial Advisors Help You?
The question I’m asked most often is, “What do you think will happen to the markets if ‘X’ happens?” The second most common question is “Should I sell stocks now?”
The honest answer to both questions is that no one knows for sure. Short term volatility along with event “risk” many times leads to fear and poor decision making.
In the long run, many factors contribute to the rise in equity markets. Inflation, population growth, GDP growth, and wage growth are some of these factors which lead to increases in the value of equity markets over larger time frames.
People who invest over time using dollar cost averaging are typically better positioned to have a healthy retirement nest egg, than those who trade. In fact, according to the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, 98% of people who trade, lose money or at best, underperform benchmarks.
Retail investors tend to buy high when everything seems great, and sell low when fear runs rampant. The professionals know this and take advantage of this psychological edge. The reasons you should use a Financial Advisor are many fold, but one of the bigger reasons is to help prevent you from making poor decisions at the wrong time.
Every investor’s situation is unique and you should consider your investment goals, risk tolerance and time horizon before making any investment. Investing involves risk and you may incur a profit or loss regardless of strategy selected. Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Dollar-cost averaging cannot guarantee a profit or protect against a loss, and you should consider your financial ability to continue purchases through periods of low price levels.
- Aging Well, Spending Wisely: Tips For Managing Senior Healthcare Expenses
- The Hidden Benefits Of Financial Planning For Doctors: What You Need To Know To Maximize Your Earnings
- All Seasons Wealth and CEO Jeff Hausinger Named Top 1,200 Financial Advisor by Barron’s for Three Consecutive Years
- How Medical Professional Wealth Advisors Help Physicians Balance Their Personal And Professional Finances
- How Young Financial Advisors Are Disrupting The Traditional Financial Planning Industry
- All Seasons Wealth Newsletter – Q2 2023
- Common Financial Mistakes Made By Professional Women And How To Potentially Avoid Them
- Personalized Financial Planning For BIPOC Women: The Benefits Of Working With A Female Advisor
- All Seasons Wealth Honored in the 2023 Seminole 100
- Building A Strong Financial Foundation Through Executive Asset Management