Why Life insurance for Business Owners is Important
The death or long-term disability of a business owner may lead to internal turmoil, customer erosion and disruption in revenue flow. Many owners’ net worth is tied up in their businesses and while dealing with the day-to-day rigors of growth, they don’t think about disruptive events. Life insurance can help mitigate some of the risks involved with business ownership.
We can structure a plan in various ways to help accomplish your goals. Whether it is a cross-purchase plan, where each partner owns insurance on each other, to an Entity purchase plan where the business owns the insurance.
We typically include a buy/sell agreement to ensure that your business remains in capable hands should the need arise.
Some of the benefits of life insurance and buy/sell agreements for businesses are as follows:
- Provides money to create a fair market value exchange
- Promotes equitable and orderly transfer of wealth, ownership and management
- May offer tax advantages
- Guarantees heirs a buyer for assets they may not know how to manage
- Provides heirs cash to pay estate debt, expenses and taxes
Raymond James and its advisors do not offer tax or legal advice. You should discuss any tax or legal matters with the appropriate professional.
- Aging Well, Spending Wisely: Tips For Managing Senior Healthcare Expenses
- The Hidden Benefits Of Financial Planning For Doctors: What You Need To Know To Maximize Your Earnings
- All Seasons Wealth and CEO Jeff Hausinger Named Top 1,200 Financial Advisor by Barron’s for Three Consecutive Years
- How Medical Professional Wealth Advisors Help Physicians Balance Their Personal And Professional Finances
- How Young Financial Advisors Are Disrupting The Traditional Financial Planning Industry
- All Seasons Wealth Newsletter – Q2 2023
- Common Financial Mistakes Made By Professional Women And How To Potentially Avoid Them
- Personalized Financial Planning For BIPOC Women: The Benefits Of Working With A Female Advisor
- All Seasons Wealth Honored in the 2023 Seminole 100
- Building A Strong Financial Foundation Through Executive Asset Management