With several financial deadlines behind you, take time this summer to review your progress, set new goals and tie up loose ends. Tally up any recent life changes that may affect your estate plan, and adjust it as necessary. Evaluate your benefits and insurance.
Summer 2017 Market Closures
Tuesday, July 4: Independence Day
Monday, September 4: Labor Day
Register with SSA.gov: This will allow you to check that your earnings history is accurate and to review expected benefits. If you are close to retirement age, begin a conversation with your advisor about when and how you should file to maximize your benefits.
Update your estate plan: Ensure that it protects you and your family in teh case of an unexpected event. Be sure to check the beneficiaries of your IRAs, insurance policies, trusts and any other accounts, and update any information that may no longer be relevant.
Review your benefits: Research your company’s benefits and open enrollment schedule, and decide whether you need to make changes.
Review insurance needs: Periodically review and update coverage to ensure proper protection.
Address life changes: Speak with your advisor about any major changes that have occurred – marriages, births, deaths, divorces, a sudden windfall, etc. – and how they could affect your financial plan.
Download the complete checklist below and talk to your advisor to make sure you don’t miss any important financial planning dates this summer.
Raymond James financial advisors do not render legal or tax advice. Please consult a qualified professional regarding legal or tax advice.
- Money Secrets Of The Wealthy: Insights Into Asset Management, Financial Planning, And More
- All Seasons Wealth In Tampa, Florida
- What Is The Difference Between A Financial Planner And A Financial Advisor?
- The Benefits Of Having A Local Raymond James Backed Financial Advisor
- All Seasons Wealth Newsletter – Q1 2024
- Why Rising Rates Won’t Derail Stocks: A Perspective From All Seasons Wealth
- Best Investment Strategies During A Downturn Or Recession
- Financial Independence for Women: A Guide to Building Wealth Through Investment
- Divorce and Estate Planning: Protecting Your Assets and Loved Ones
- How Do Mortgage Rates Affect The Stock Market?